Thursday 1 March 2018

Playing Along at The Library!

Hello!

I have been wanting to play along at a fab new challenge - The Library Challenge - which is a great idea put together by the lovely Marina.  Each challenge is based on a book and you can make a card inspired by the cover, title or story.  The first challenge features one of my fave books - Pride and Prejudice.

Here is my card:


I went with both the story and the cover image which contains peacocks for my inspiration.  Also I always thing that peacocks are very proud too!  This card features another of my stencils that are available in my Folksy store.  As it is a stencil it is easy to turn it over to get the mirror image!  

Here is the book cover - the challenge is open until 10 March:

Image result for pride and prejudice cover

While I had my peacock stencil out, I made another card:


Here I used glue through the stencil to create a gilded image and combined it with a gold embossed sentiment from Papertrey.  I think this looks quite elegant against the rich blue!  I shall link this card up at Simon's Wednesday Challenge where the theme is Anything Goes and at Addicted to Stamps which is also Anything Goes.

I hope you like my cards and this new stencil:


Thanks as always for stopping by :)

Sarah x

7 comments:

  1. These are perfect for the challenge and really gorgeous - I love that blend of blues. I missed that you had a Folksy shop - will check that out. Thanks for joining The Library - and for letting others know about it through your lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and what a terrific idea for a challenge and your take on it too! That peacock is so exotic stencilled in both ways. So clever and inspiring! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty cards! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. That gilded peacock is absolutely gorgeous, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! Stunning designs, Sarah! Thanks for joining in at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE the one with the gilding! JUST STUNNING! AND WHERE did you get the stencil????? ;)

    ReplyDelete