Sunday 1 October 2017

Watercolour Iris

Hello!

I hope that you have had a wonderful weekend and have found time to do some crafting.  I was inspired by this week's theme at Less is More - watercolour - and a new (to me) set from Altenew to make this card:



I white embossed the iris and watercoloured it with distress inks to give a really soft and subtle look.  I love this delicate flower.

As this is the first time that I have inked up the Altenew set I shall link up at Darnell's NBUS challenge for a second time.  I will also link up at Simon's Wednesday Challenge where Anything Goes and at Addicted to CAS where the theme is Favourite Stamp.  Every time I get a new stamp it is my favourite, until I ink up the next one :)

I have also been trying to get organised this weekend and sort out my craft room which had become a total mess.  I got a few storage units from Ikea and now it looks like this.....




The pictures are all pretty washed out as I took the photos once I had finished tonight (I can't guarantee that it will look this tidy again in 24 hours!).  I still need to get a new desk and some pictures to brighten up the walls but it looks a lot brighter (and cleaner) than it did with the old, mis-matched furniture.  I definitely need to thin out my stash too but that is a job for another day :)

Thanks for stopping by,

Sarah x

Please display our banner   IT'S HERE!

  

10 comments:

  1. Sarah, your card is definitely soft and subtle just like you wanted. Purple and green is one of my favourite colour combos. Great job watercolouring. A fabulous CAS card.
    I also love your craft space... so clean and organized. 👏 Love seeing you back playing with us this week at Less is More. Trina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Sarah, this card is lovely, such beautiful watercolouring. Oh and what an amazing craft room, I can only dream x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pix and a BEE-OO-TIFUL card too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Lovely to see you over at Less is More Sarah! I must say you have rocked this water colour theme with your beautiful card. The white embossing adds such a classy look (I'm becoming a real fan of that!) and the colouring is so incredible delicate. Your craft room look amazing too - enjoy spending many hours creating away in there. Thanks for playing with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always a joy to see your cards in the Less is More gallery Sarah and you've rocked this watercolour look! What a beautiful and elegant bloom and so pretty in those gentle colours. The white embossed outline really makes it pop and all that yummy white space too! Delish! Oh MY! Well your craftroom looks awesome BUT having not seen the pre-makeover piccys I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you make out. I hope you enjoy lots of happy crafty hours in there. Thanks for playing with us this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful water coloring Sarah! You've achieved great shading and that white heat embossing looks stunning. Great idea to make this card square -so much glorious white space! Your craft room looks amazing too -the new furniture is beautiful and I bet functional also! Congratulations on the make-over and thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So please to see you here ! Your card is definitely gorgeous, delicate and elegant ! I also love white embossing to colour in, the colours pop up much more than with black embossing. Your watercoloring is phenomenal too ! What a beauty ! Love your new craft room too, I have the same furniture and I love them, so convenient ! Thanks for sharing and for playing along with us at Less is More !

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful and elegant
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightful post, Sarah! Your iris card is frameable! It is gorgeous in every way and looks positively real on your card!! And I really like what you've done to your craft space! It's cozy, but very streamlined and bright now and I love it!! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing again in my NBUS Challenge #12! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely to have you playing along with us at Less is More, Sarah. And what beautiful treatment of that wonderful single bloom. Perfect image for watercolouring, it's so pretty. I love seeing fellow crafters' workspaces and yours looks like a lovely place to create x

    ReplyDelete