Sunday 8 October 2017

Hot and Spicy

Hello!

I hope you had a good weekend....it was a busy one here with sleepovers and football matches!  However, I did get the chance to make a couple of cards for this week's challenge at Less is More which is to use hot and spicy colours.  I don't use oranges and reds that often in my crafting so this was a good opportunity to break out some neglected colour combos....

I made two cards featuring Uniko products - Uniko are sponsoring this month at LIM.

 
First up I stamped up the starry strings from the latest release in a combination of reds, oranges and yellows from Altenew and combined them with one of the sentiments.  A scattering of loose stars adds to the design but still keeps it CAS.

 
On the second card I white embossed the beautiful mandala from Marvellous Mehndi and then had fun using colour bursts to create the watercolour background.  I inked and die cut a frame in matching distress inks.
 
I hope you like these two spicy designs and pop by again soon!
 
Sarah x

3 comments:

  1. Two fab makes, I so love the simplicity of the first

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! Scrumptious use of the red hot and spicy colour tones in both your cards Sarah. Loving your showcase of the new Uniko stars set too - you have such clever ideas and the background to the mehndi one is truly inspirational. Thanks for playing along at LIM - we love it when you do and have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay ! Love how you played with these hot and spicy colours ! Your garlands of stars are very cheerful and make me want to party! And I love the beautiful background you've made to showcase the fabulous mehndi stamp set ! So stunning ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More !

    ReplyDelete