Saturday 14 October 2017

Wonky Stripes

Hello,

I have been playing with a new stencil that Uniko is launching this week.  It is a versatile 6x6 design which is perfect for full card fronts through to mixed media.  I have lots more ideas for this stencil but this is what I have made to date:

I used it on a full card front and simply blended a range of blue distress inks to create some variation in tone.  I added a few of my mdf stars in shades of blue and a Uniko sentiment.



Next I went for a rainbow look by masking off the top portion of the card and using a range of inks through the stencil.  The sentiment adds a pop of black.  A one layer CAS card that is quick to make.  I shall link it up at the October CAS challenge over at Happy Little Stampers where the theme is one layer.


Here is inked and clear embossed the stencil before die cutting a heart and layering it up on top of an acertate aperture on the card.  It has a lovely shine in real life!

 
Finally, I inked through the stencil in softer colours before rotating it to create a loose check effect.  I then used complementary colours for the Uniko onesie.  A simple new baby card.

 
Bev has also used the stencil on her card as guest designer over at Less is More today.  I will be back with some further ideas again shortly :)
 
Sarah x
 

4 comments:

  1. I just cannot wait to get my hands on this stencil Sarah ... you little tease! You've worked it so well on each of these that I simply can't pick a favourite. All total stunners. The plaid BG in baby colours is so inspiring and loving the addition of your MDF stars. Neat crisp and clever. Great to see you play along at HLS CAS challenge too. Thanks so much and have great day in Doncaster. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool and very elegant all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've shown how versatile that stencil is, Sarah. Making a plaid with it was brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an array of beauties with that cool stencil. I really love the rainbowed stripes.

    ReplyDelete