Saturday 22 April 2017

Less is More #325

Hello!

Well, Easter has come and gone and now I am looking forward to the summer :)  I had a lovely break in Spain with my parents and the boys in April and am missing the sunshine already.  However the british rain does give me plenty of opportunity to spend time crafting.  This week at Less is More we are wanting you to use stripes on your design:


Lots of options with this theme.  Here is what I came up with:

 
I went super CAS with my first card and created 3 stripes using a dotted border die and putting some coloured card behind each line.  I combined this with a sentiment die from Stamplorations and a heart.

 
Stripes always make me think nautical so this is the look that I have gone for on my second card using a background stripe die from Simon Says Stamp.  As you can see, it has not stamped solid colour but I quite liked the weather beaten look!  The sentiment is from Waltzingmouse and anchor die is from Memory Box, I think.

 
Lastly, I stamped a striped background (can't remember who the stamp is by) on my card base and used that to ground the floral die from Sizzix.  The sentiment is Paper Smooches.
 
I hope you like my trio of stripy cards!  The rest of the DT have fab ideas to share with you over at Less is More along with our super talented guest designer, Tae Eun from Rainbow in November.  I look forward to seeing what you create.
 
Thanks for stopping by,
 
Sarah x

11 comments:

  1. Welcome back from you holiday Sarah - it looks like the break really got your creative juices flowing! I love the ultimate simplicity of your super-CAS first card - it's a masterpiece. Those itty bitty dots create such delicate stripes. Then you give us the bold nautical design - absolute genius to leave it with that weathered look! And your final card is just funky. Love them all. Have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous of your sunny holiday! And totally loving your cards which are all FAB! The coloured dotted stripes on the first card are absolutely brilliant, and the bright colours on your last card are awesome, so bold but pretty. Your second card steals it for me though with the weatherbeaten stripes, crisp design and simple anchor. I really wish I'd thought of doing a nautical theme cos it's fab! Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ¡ Caray ! What a gorgeous array of cards Sarah ! It seems that the Spanish sun gave you a lot of inspiration ! Love the CAS design of your first card ! Your nautical card is just a beauty, I also love all that is about sea ! Love the driftwood effect with your weather beaten stripes ! And I confirm, the Anchor is from Memory Box (Majestic anchor). And your last card is also gorgeous with this beautiful spring flower ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your vacation sounds fabulous.
    Great set of stripe cards. So much variety. Your nautical card is a classic and perfect image for stripes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spain in the spring...certainly gave you terrific inspiration. Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome trio of stripy cards, Sarah! My favorite is the nautical one! So cool with the distressed look as you said!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your trio of cards Sarah and they are all so different but beautifully CAS. The nautical one is my favourite too although I love the Sizzix flower on your last one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have created three wonderful cards, Sarah. I'm with you on the blue stripes that look a little worn, just like it was planned. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a good holiday Sarah. Three fab cards here again, great ideas on them all too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A trio of yumminess Sarah! Loving each of these clever and CAS perfect examples of stripe. Your nautical one is a real eye-catcher, love the simplicity of the first one and what a great design with that bold floral die-cut ... you could enter that one at The Flower Challenge - I was trying to swing mine that way but realised I'd no flower on them! Hope all ok this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous Sarah, and all so different too. Love the first one, right up my street in it's simplicity. The wide stripes are really striking, and perfect for the theme of your second card. And I love the different widths of your stripes to ground your flower. Awesome designs as always xx

    ReplyDelete